Volunteers are the heart of our MOM-n-PA missions. We will rely on the generous help of more than 800 volunteer dentists, dental hygienists and assistants, lab technicians and other community volunteers during the mission.
Online Registration is now closed!
We still have a great need for volunteers so we will have registration open at the event in Erie!
If you have questions about volunteering at our mission on June 16th and 17th please email us!
Dentists, Hygienists, EFDAs and Assistants email email@example.com
All others email firstname.lastname@example.org
MOM-n-PA Volunteers will have 5 options this year!!
Please ask for the Gannon/MOM-n-PA Discount!!!
1) Gannon is offering 25 apartments available in North Hall. The charge is $225 per person for a 3 night minimum stay. Linens are included in that cost; a pillow, fitted sheet, flat sheet, towel, wash cloth, and a pillow case are included. Blankets are not provided. We will just put one person in each apartment unless groups request to stay together. We have four-person and two-person apartments. For Reservations, please contact : Matthew Ward (814) 871-7297 (O) or at email@example.com
2) Bel Aire Clarion ($84/night) 2800 West 8th Street Contact Tyrone at 814-833-1116 or at www.belaireclarion.com
3) Cobblestone Hotel ($109/night) 701 W Bayfront PKWY Contact Lisa Chilson at 888-693-8262 or at www.staycobblestone.com/pa/erie/
4) Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel ($179-$199) 55 West Bay Ave. Click HERE for DISCOUNTED reservations. Discount applies to online reservations only!
5) Courtyard Marriott ($139-$199/night) 1 Sassafras Pier Click HERE for DISCOUNTED reservations. Discount applies to online reservations only!
OUT OF STATE DENTIST, HYGIENIST OR EFDA?
Click the link ON THE REGISTRATION SITE to get a volunteer license form!
|MOM n PA Dental Missions|
Stay informed of important dates by "Liking" our Facebook Page. Click on the image to the left to get started.
Below are descriptions of the many roles we will need volunteers to play over the course of the mission.
Lay Volunteers: Sign up for Registration, Patient Ambassador (escort patients in the clinic), Patient Exit Interview, Volunteer Registration, Crowd Control, Translator, Data Entry, Hospitality, Set-up, Tear-Down. General Volunteers are our greatest need!!!!
Dentists: Those with a dental degree and a current, unrestricted PA dental license or a PA volunteer dental license to work in the following areas: dental triage, local anesthesia, oral surgery, restorative, endodontics, prosthodontics, pediatric dentistry.
Hygienists: Those with a dental hygiene degree and a current, unrestricted PA dental hygienist license to work in the following areas: hygiene, sterilization, anesthesia, and radiology.
Dental Assistants: radiology, dental triage, oral surgery, restorative, endodontics, prosthodontics, pediatric dentistry, sterilization, and hygiene.
Front Office Staff/Billing Clerks: May work in Data Entry, Patient Exit Interview, Patient Registration or any other non-dental positions.
Students: Dental, dental hygienist, dental assistant, dental therapist and medical students are needed for various non-clinical volunteer work. We especially need bilingual students.
Dental Equipment Technicians: Individuals with appropriate training and experience to set-up, maintain, and tear down dental equipment.
Hygiene / Assisting Students: Sign up in Sterilization, Patient Education or any non-dental position.
Laboratory Technicians: Individuals with appropriate training and experience to fabricate, or repair oral prosthetics, including treatment partials.
Pharmacist / Pharmacy Tech / Pharmacy Student: Sign up for the onsite Pharmacy.
Physician, Physician Assistant, Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Nursing Student: Sign up for Medical Triage.
X-Ray Technicians: Individuals with appropriate training and experience to provide or assist with digital panoramic and intraoral X-rays.